Sunday, March 31, 2013

It's a Secret...




             Hello Everyone!




     I am just going to start out with a little background of who I am as a person and who I am as an author! First off my name is Tanner Lane, I am 21 years old and currently I have self published my first novel! As you can imagine these are very exciting times for not only myself but for my family and friends.
     I live in Glendale, AZ with my parents, my step father is currently a Master Sergent in the US Marines. My mother is going back to medical school to accomplish a long time dream of hers, I am so proud of both of them. We live a rather quiet life, well not literally considering my step father is Italian, and we all know how loud they can be! For the most part my life consists of family, occasionally some friend time, and tending to my relationship with my beautiful girlfriend. I have three pets; Pootie, who is half Pit Bull and half Jack Russel Terrier, I know she is an odd combination! Then there is Gunner, who is a mixed breed but is mainly an American Bulldog. And of course we have a cat, his name is MiMi's and he is a walking miracle. My mother nursed him back to health after someone left him to die in Hawaii. His front two legs were paralyzed until we worked long and hard to get his legs fully functional!
    I was majoring in IT Security with the hopes that one day I would be able to go into the CIA, that was until the one day that changed my life forever. I was sitting with my mom when it dawned on me that I was not happy with my current path through life. Jokingly we talked about taking one of those online tests to determine what career you should peruse. I know it sounds a little risky, which it is, but at any rate I knew being happy was worth the risk. Every test came up with the answer pointing towards being an author, shockingly it was something I had always wanted to do. At the same time, who doesn't want to write a book?! Regardless I looked over at my mother and said, "Looks like I better start writing!" And that is exactly what I did. I was fortunate enough to have authors readily awaiting any questions I may have, I also had the opportunity to speak with many editors and literary agents. Most of my questions sit answered and resolved, of course with anything in life there will always be a new question with every answer.
     Within 11 days I had written my first novel, right at 212 pages. You are probably thinking, "Surely it is just a bunch of gibberish considering he didn't take his time." If I were in your position, I would agree whole heartily. Shockingly I have received raging reviews from some very well known authors, like Brenda Whiteside, Ellen Hopkins and a few others that asked to remain anonymous. Of course I was a little bogged down by the fact that publishing is one hell of a process!
     I wanted to share my story to the world, just like so many of you. Considering the time frame of a traditional publishing company, I decided to take the high road! Self publishing is a challenge! None the less I took the challenge head on and conquered it in the end, surely I did a few things wrong here and there but I was determined to release my work to the world, so that is just what I did. Currently it is available on Kindle, Amazon, and Createspace! I actually just sold my first copy just a few hours ago, very excited!
     Now to give you a little bit of info about my novel. It is classified as a Young Adult Novel, but it does have Mature Content. The title is, "It's a Secret..." The booked is based of very real people, I interviewed a staggering 60 people that were picked randomly. The questions were very intimate while the answers were far more detailed and in some cases heart breaking. The writing style I choose to do was, First Person with Split Perspectives. I saw writing the story in this setting was not only going to be able to catch the readers attention, but to also pull the readers into the characters on a more emotional level.
      If you are interested in reading the description and getting a little preview, please visit any of these sites listed below.
Kindle: https://kindle.amazon.com/work/its-a-secret-ebook/B00C47VS5S/B00C47VS5S
Createspace: https://www.createspace.com/4226386

      Both sites provide the option to buy my book, Kindle is obviously in eBook format while Createspace is for a SOFT COPY version! It is a compelling story that will make your heart melt, your mind will constantly be asking a new question with every turn of the page. You will be sucked into the characters journey through their eyes, but the thing to remember is the story you are about to read is almost entirely non-fictional. The events that take place in, "It's a Secret..." are very real!

Reviews: Amanda Lane, "You are literary gold!" Catherine Kersh, "You are a twisted genius of the literary world!" Parker Douglas, "This book is seriously destroying my need to sleep and eat, I just can't stop reading!" Anonymous, "The realism you created through your characters is absolutely unbelievable. I have never been this connected to a character in a book before!"
That is just a small fraction of the readers that either sampled my manuscript as I was in the process or were selected at random to receive a free copy of my work when it was published.


      Please add me to your circles, and if you have any questions or comments, don't be a stranger! I am currently working on the sequel to "It's a Secret..." and if all goes well like last time, it should be on shelves very soon! Thank you so much for taking the time to read through my first blog about my first novel! Please visit the sites listed above, on the Createspace website there is a "Like" icon for Facebook users, please "Like" my page, as I do get credit!

I hope you enjoy my book as much as everyone else is! Don't be the last one to find out what the secret is!

Thank you again,
Tanner Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment