Friday, April 19, 2013

The Ryhthm of the Night



Fracturing Functionality 


We reside in the dark, so we can shake off the light.
Never thought we would be here, and now look at us over there.
This is the rhythm of my life, This is the rhythm of the night.
We sleep for a higher meaning, we dream to finally start breathing.
The tides are turning the gears that are grinding.
You go to sleep alone, in a house that is not your own.
Don't talk now, just tell us how.
Lust is our only source of love, we hate to be known by those faces we miss.
Have you seen my soul? It went missing when I went into the mist.
I found a true story, I found your lies more often then not.
I lift your emotions so you can smile, I take the burden that extra mile.
He is hungry in a bedroom alone, what am I supposed to do when you are not you anymore?

We hide in the light, so we don't have to live in the dark.
Always thought we would be here, now we are stuck somewhere in between.
This was our rhythm, now our song is static heat break.
Cant sleep anymore, my dreams turned against me.
The waters are still now, the storm is settling in the stones that stopped our turning.
You found someone to love, only problem is, it isn't me.
Can we talk now? How am I supposed to do this?
I am lusting for your love now, I hate knowing your face is something I will always miss.
I sold my soul, to the man who owns us all.
I lost my fairytale story, all it took was one line to finish them all.
You dug me a hole that stretched for miles, my emotions needed the room to breed.
His tasteless words fell short of my tongue, all I want is, whoever you want to be.


Have you ever lost someone you loved and hated?

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment